RSS

Pistachio Green & Pink Possies

When I told my bestfriend that I was getting married and I'd like my motiff to be pistachio green and pink possies, she stared hard at me for awhile as if I'd just spoken in Greek. Then she asked, "Are those colors in the color wheel?"... We had such a good laugh. 

We were then too accustomed to the traditional type of having one color for a wedding motiff and it was only when my fiance and I planned to tie the knot that I realized there are many ways to pull off an amazing wedding--- starting with the color motiff.  

However, since this is the Philippines and Pistachio nut isn't really popular in this side of the world, it was so difficult to find the right fabric and color at the same time,so in the end, our wedding ended up with several shades of green and pink. The closest to the pistachio green we were able to come up were the  flower girls satin, sleeveless dresses with fuchsia pink satin belt. The bridesmaids wore cocktail dresses and pink roses to match. 

My wedding worked around a garden theme. My sisters-in-law made flower carts and small flower bouquets as giveaways. My friends gifted me with a three layer cake in green fondant accented with gorgeous pink edible roses.  

Among all the things that I love about my wedding was the photography by my talented friends. There were so many candid shots which I really liked because it captured everything that went about during that one momentous day. Everytime I turn the pages of my wedding album three years after, I can still feel the wonderful feeling of being loved and surrounded by supportive and loving family and friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment